This guide will help you to connect your Magento 1 store to Lootly.
Step 1: Install Lootly Extension
You can download the latest Lootly Magento 1 extension by visiting the Magento Marketplace by clicking here. Once you have the zip file, the next step is to install the extension to your Magento store.
Within your Magento backend, check your compilation status to ensure it is Disabled.
- Click System
- Click Tools
- Click Compilation
- Ensure it is set to Disabled
Once you've confirmed compilation is disabled, you can now install the plugin to your store.
Using your favorite FTP program (such as Filezilla, cuteFtp, etc), upload all of the extracted folders from the zip file to your Magento site root folder.
After the upload is finished, access your Magento backend to refresh your cache:
- Click System
- Click Cache Management
- Click both the "Flush Magento Cache" and "Flush Cache Storage" button
- Log out of Magento and Log back in to refresh.
Lootly is now installed to your store. The next step is to configure your settings to ensure the extension is connected to your Lootly account.
Step 2: Configure your credentials & settings
After install, you should now see the Lootly Settings area on your left menu within the configuration area. To access this area, you will need to do the following:
- Click System
- Click Configuration
Once inside the Lootly settings screen, you will need to enter in 3 pieces of information:
- Account Email - this is the email you used to create your Lootly account
- API Key
- API Secret
You can find your API Key & API Secret, by following the steps within your Lootly account.
- Click your company name on the top right
- Click Account Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom, to find the API Keys section.
Now, copy & paste each API item into your Magento 1 extension text fields. After you're done click on "Verify Settings & Integrate".
- If successful, you should see a green message "Lootly successfully connected App installed!".
- If there is an error, you will see the message in red.
After you've successfully connected, click on "Save Config" on the top right to save your settings. The Lootly widget code is now automatically injected into your template.
Step 3: Configure your Magento order settings
Now that you've successfully installed & connected the extension in your Magento 1 store. The next step is to customize your order settings.
These order settings determine the following:
- Order Status - when points are issued to a customer
- Refund Status - when points are refunded to a customer
For Order Status, we support the following statuses:
For Refund Status, we support the following statues:
Be sure to click "Save Config" at the top right, once you've made your selections.
Step 4: Configure your Lootly Settings
The last step of the integration, is to configure how Lootly should reward customers with points based on the following items:
- Exclude coupon discounts
- Include shipping
- Include taxes
- Include previous purchases as a Guest - Lootly must be installed to start counting guest purchases for this setting to work properly.
You can configure these items by going to (within your Lootly account):
- Click Integrations
- Click Manage
- Select Edit Settings, next to Magento 1
That's it, you're all done with the implementation!
Have a question about this integration or need help?
Feel free to contact our support team at any time, by clicking the Live Chat icon on the bottom right.