The feature Bonus Point Campaigns allows you to run limited time campaigns where you’d multiply the original number of points offered in the “make a purchase” earning action if performed during the set time period.
This means customers who place an order at your store during this time will earn more points which they can then use to redeem a reward or enter your VIP program.
This guide shows you how to set up your first bonus point campaign.
Please note that this feature is available only in the Enterprise plan.
Step 1: Add your Bonus Point Campaign in your Points and Rewards Program
- Navigate to Points in the main menu;
- Click on Bonus Points Campaigns
- You’ll land on the welcome screen for the Bonus Points Campaigns feature from where you can create your first campaign:
Step 2: Create your first campaign
- Click on the green Add Campaign button in the right top corner of the screen ( as marked on screenshot above)
- Set up your campaign:
- Choose a name for your campaign in Campaign name;
- Add the points multiplier - this will multiply the original points in your “make a purchase” earning action setting ( for example: in your “make a purchase” earning action you have set: “ earn 1 point per $1 spent”. If you set in this campaign the multiplier to be 2, then your customers will “earn 2 points per $1 spent”. ) This will also be applied to the earning action description in the widget as well, so your customers will be able to see the new points multiplier too;
- Set the time period during which will this campaign run - add a start date and time and an end date and time;
- Advanced options - check this box if you want to apply the campaign to the VIP tiers as well ( for example: if in your Bronze Tier you have set “earn 2 points per $1 spent”, and the points multiplier in the campaign is set to 2, then the members in the Bronze VIP tier will “earn 4 points per $1 spent”);
- Preview your campaign settings in the preview box on the right;
- Save your changes and enable the campaign.
Few things to keep in mind
- You can launch multiple campaigns, but you can’t run 2 campaigns at the same time - this means you can’t choose a date and time for a campaign that has already been chosen in a different campaign;
- Once the campaign ends - the “Edit” button seen in the main screen will disappear;
- If you decide to disable a campaign before the scheduled time period ends, your customers will earn the regular amount of points when they place an order at your store.
Go ahead and run your first Bonus Points Campaign to incentivize customers to shop, earn points and then redeem them for valuable rewards at your store.